Oil Painting Using a Limited Palette
DAY: Thursday June 3, 10 & 17
TIME: from 6:00-7:30pm. Please arrive 15 minutes early so that we can start right at 6:00.
Discover the amazing paintings you can create using just 3 basic colors and white. You won’t believe the range of colors you can make with a limited palette which results in a painting that the colors harmonize beautifully. This class is for the student who already has learned the basics of oil painting, but wants to expand their knowledge.
REGISTRATION: You may register by clicking Add to Cart button below or stop in to the studio to register in person. If Registration is SOLD OUT please email the studio to be put on a waiting list.
At present I will be limiting the maximum number of students to 5 in order to meet the Covid 19 restart protocols. You will be sitting at separate tables 6 feet apart. Masks are required when a 6 foot distance cannot be maintained and there will be plenty of hand sanitizer.
MATERIALS NEEDED (not included in class fee):
- Artist Quality Oils: Cadmium Yellow Light, Alizarin Crimson, Ultramarine Blue, Titanium White.
- Palette that you can transport safely back and forth.
- Canvas (a size you are comfortable with)
- Palette knife for mixing colors
- Various size brushes that you like to use.
- Paper towels
- Artist odorless mineral spirits or turpentine and container.
- Oil painting medium of choice.
- Wet painting carrier (or you may store your painting here during the class)
Where to find the materials:
The Art Stop
1822 Penfield Rd
Canandaiqua & Victor
They have most of the items that are needed to begin
Rochester Art Supply
150 W Main St.
Rochester, NY 14614